Trust is building...

3 conversations: this last week, I had 3 great conversations with 3 very different people who the Lord has sent into our lives.

Emma is in her 40's and has had a life full of disappointments, many of her own doing. She is a sweet lady with 2 grown sons and a brother who are less than kind to her. As time passes and she and I get to know each other, I get to hear her story. This week she shared some very valuable cultural insights with me.. In turn, I shared with her the best thing I have to offer her, the love of Christ. Just being able to share with her how God intends for a family to function and what His plans are for people versus their own. Pray for Emma, that she will be comforted and provided for by the Lord.

Radu is our night guard, also from the south. He is a believer and a nursing student at the university here. A real good guy. Just a jovial disposition. Every week, we get to know more about him and he stays longer in the daytime lately. I think he just wants to study us honestly. He and Lew have interesting conversation on a regular basis. But this week, he and I got to talk about some of the normal things in Diego...like prostitution, there is no marriage, girls are searching for a white man to take for his money and guys are searching for a girl who can find the white guy or for a older rich woman to take care of them. Some of the in your face sins we are surrounded by. It was good to talk with him about calling these things sin not just part of the culture here. It is so easy to just see bad parts of a culture around you and say well that is just the culture so I accept it and not see it how God sees it..as sin. We had a good talk and then Lew came and added that I am his Sugar Momma which caused Radu to roll with laughter. I don't think he thought white people could make jokes. He is finally opening up with us. Pray for Radu to grow into a strong man of medicine for the Lord.

Farah is our neighbor and my friend and person of peace to our family. She came this week with a cloud on her face. We have entered a point that when she has a concern...she comes to me wanting to talk. She says she knows I will always tell her the truth and not avoid a topic. So this week she came and wanted my advice about a witchcraft situation. She has been trying to open a small kiosk that sells food. As she has money, she pays the carpenter to build her kiosk piece by piece. It is the shape of a boat and she will sell fish and chips. I have seen the boat and it looks great so far. This week the carpenter told her again that he wanted to do a protection spell for her since she wont do it for herself. She has had a lot of issues come and go this year from health to finances which is seen as bad luck. Also her 3 siblings have died in the last few years including her twin. So people think she has been cursed. Her carpenter again asked about doing a protection spell for her. She doesn't want to but is getting a bit shaky on saying no. So she came to me to see what I would say. You can imagine what I told her and with a lot of passion. It was a great conversation and at the end she said she had needed someone to talk to and tell her truths from the Bible. Pray for Farah and for the Lord's protection on her life and her business and her marriage and family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interwoven

Abigail's Baptism at Daytone Beach

The Unexpected